Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hello World

Hey everyone, I'm David. As Dave has already said, I'm a geek just like him and besides playing in semi-local (Rockford = 2 hrs away) tournaments, I feel the need to run my own tournaments locally in Peoria. Sure, I can afford to waste gas money and time driving 2 hrs to play this silly card game, but can the average person / kid playing Naruto? Def. not. Anyway, on to the tournaments...

Ninja Academy Level Tournament: 1
I did pretty well in my first tournament in Rockford on Friday (Jan. 5th, 2007). I played 4 games in all (the last of which was vs. Dave himself) and I was able to leave undefeated in 1st place. There was a pretty good Naruto player there named Michael who beat Dave (correction: he beat Dave in the first out of 3 games. Dave, however, beat him once (out of pure luck) and then won a die roll to break the tie). [You'll soon find out that Dave has uncanny luck]. I was supposed to play Michael, but unfortunately he had to leave early so he forfeited to me. :-( He had an impressive sand / Gaara deck, but I imagine Dave will give you more detail on that when he talks about his experience at the tournament. I used the mental hybrid deck I've coined "Mental Breakdown" (deck list coming soon!) I left feeling pretty happy about my deck because with all honesty I did not expect my "lousy mental deck" to do well.
Eat that Bandai forum writers!

End Result: 1st place
Points Awarded: 12 + 4 = 16
Total Wins: 4
Total Losses: 0
Total Draws: 0
Total Points: 1516
*~*~*~*1/3 wins towards getting my first genin pin! *~*~*~*


Ninja Academy Level Tournament: 2 (premier? o_O )
The next day (Sat. Jan 6th, 2007), Dave any I arrived at this tournament a few minutes late. They started without us and in order for us to catch up, the Meijin asked Dave and I to play each other. In our first game, I won (and without using any mental cards!) In our second game, Dave won (I didn't draw anything that useful until it was too late). By that time, the Meijin came up to us and informed us because of the number of people at the tourney and time constraints, we are only playing best of 1 instead of best of 3. To break the tie we had, we agreed to just flip a coin. My luck ran out, so Dave won that match. I felt pretty down about this, but there wasn't much I could do about it. I figured the only way I could make myself feel better about it would be to not lose any more games. Thankfully, I was able to keep my resolution and end in second place. The first place winner was undefeated that day and as a result I was unable to play him. He used an interesting-looking Naruto lightning/mix deck taking advantage of sexy / harem jutsu. He beat Dave pretty badly earlier that night, so I just had to see how I could do against him. I challenged him to a game and he accepted. I beat him, but I don't think it was a fair judge of my deck vs his because he didn't seem to have drawn any of the cards that he needed. Oh well, maybe I'll get to play him in a tourney next time!

End Result: 2nd Place
Points Awarded: 12? (It hasn't been officially listed as of today)
Total Wins: 8
Total Losses: 1
Total Draws: 0
Total Points: 1528?

No comments: