Monday, January 8, 2007

How to answer it yourself...

So, often times, either in play, or while looking at other decks and/or card discussions, I come up with my own question(s) about how cards interact. Tonight is a good example of what happened to me.

I started out checking out the wonderful Bandai Forums and looking around at the Advanced Dojo like I usually do at 2am in the morning. While glossing around, I found a wonderful deck called Divide+Control!. While reading the deck list and reading the other comments I was looking at some of the missions. The one that caught my eye was Ninja Poem Titled "Ninja Opportunity" [M-077], which has the following text:
Counter
Effect: Your opponent cannot include Ninjas with different symbols in the same Team during this turn.
I started to ask myself quite a few questions, and zoned in on just one: are you able to play counter missions on your own turn?

I started to think about it, and I could argue for either direction. I couldn't fathom being able to play it on your own turn because you're not countering anything, it has already happened. I could also see this particular card being different. So, I decided to go duck hunting.

The closest thing I could find about counter missions were the following threads: Counter Mission (1) and Counter Mission (2).

They both agree on using the card during your opponents turn, but nothing about your own. So far, there was nothing concrete. I also looked at the Rulebook (Page 17) and saw nothing that answered my question.

I started to type out a very long and detailed post about how one could come to a conclusion. Then it dawned on me that I did not check out the actual Naruto Master FAQ. Then I skimmed through to the Missions Section (Page 4) and found the following,
> Can I play “Counter” Mission cards on my turn?

No, you cannot.
Plain and simple. Wow, I want the last 20 minutes of my life back!

No comments: