Monday, January 15, 2007

Step 1: Become Meijin - COMPLETE

Yay, I found out late last week that I was accepted to become a Meijin and judge / run my own tourneys locally. Seeing as how this blog was based partially around Dave and I becoming Meijin, this step was kind of important. Now we don't have to drive 2 hrs one way to Rockford to have our tournaments.

I posted a new tournament late last week to be held on that sunday, but we had very poor turn out (only one other person that's tournament-legal besides Dave and I)...and he's a friend of ours. :-p Oh well - it's my fault for not posting on the forums and letting more people know. We did have a little boy show up that loved the anime and wanted to learn how to play, but as he was not 13 or older, I was not able to collect any information on him and log him as an official player. Since we only had 3 official people, the event had to be canceled. :-(

We need to attract the masses to our events. Dave and I hung up a poster at Just For Fun (the local game/card shop) and I made a post yesterday letting everyone know we exist. Within hours we hear back from someone in Bloomington saying he and his friends had been looking for a place for awhile without any success - (and the best part) - that they would like to start coming to our events. Awesome! I set up an event for this Sunday (Jan 21st at 2:00), so hopefully we'll have at least enough people to count this as an official tournament.

No comments: