Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tournament 1 & 2 Notes

So far, alongside David, I've gone to two tournaments. I tried running a Tempo-esque deck. I was lacking on some of the key cards (or rather, cards that I feel are key) but I wanted to test it out against decks that weren't David's and see how well it played. I dubbed it "Pretend Tempo" because it wasn't complete.

Tournament 1 (1/05/2006)

Match 1: Pretend Tempo vs. Rushed Mental

I played against a kid that made a deck on the spot with mental cards. I was kind of peeved at hearing this, seeing as how David's is a mental hybrid and I hate breaking my deck down to counter it. Thank goodness for sideboards. I was able to hold off a good number of his attacks. Having to depend on Ibiki to make an attack makes the mental deck particularly weak against a 10 mental group. This saved me. I won this match.

Match 2: Pretend Tempo vs. Mono-wind-Sand

This match caught me completely off guard. This guy played a deck based on the sand ninja and Lord of the Land of Wind. However, this growth mechanic allowed him to always have a lot of chakra and abuse me with Gaara's cards. However, he was succeptible to bad starts. The first game, he pounced on me. The second game, Tide of the Deadly Combat and the Third [Village Governor] saved me. For the last time, he had to go, so we rolled a die to see who won the third game. I got really lucky.

Match 3: Pretend Tempo vs. Mono-water/Steam?

This match went very well in my favor. I was able to hit my best Turn 0,1 and 2 Ninjas. This was of great help. At this point, it was requested that matches only be 1 game to move things along. I was able to get my first game in quickly. Having Baki helped me out a lot.

Match 4: Pretend Tempo vs. Mental Hybrid

*Sigh* I had to play David. I dislike David's deck. I mulligan'd to 4 cards in hand and then I scooped simply because I dislike playing mental matches, oh well.

Wins: 3
Losses: 1
Draws: 0

Tournament 2 (1/06/2006)

Match 1: Pretend Tempo vs. Mental Hybrid

I got the joy of playing David again. He pounced on me first game, I pounced on him second game, then were asked to move things along, so we flipped a coin for it and I got lucky.

Match 2: Pretend Tempo vs. don't remember

Very hazy about what was in this deck. I won though.

Match 3: Pretend Tempo vs. don't remember again.

I forgot what the basis for this deck was, but I got trounced.

Match 4: Pretend Tempo vs. Lighting/Sexy Jutsu

I was a bit, surprised that someone was running this type of deck. However, this was the point of David and I going to tournaments just to see and get a feel for what people run. I got trounced in the late game and lost.

Wins: 2
Losses: 2
Draws: 0

Total Wins: 5
Total Losses: 3
Total Draws: 0

No comments: