Monday, January 15, 2007

Step 2: Become Genin - COMPLETE

Ninja Academy Level Tournament: 3
I believe there were only 6 people at this tournament, so we used the round robin style. In other words, everyone played everyone once. To save on time instead of doing best of 3, it was only one game matches. :-( I hate doing those, because 1) someone might get lucky and beat my deck because of my bad start and 2) I might get lucky and beat someone else because of their bad start. I don't think it's a fair representation of someone's deck / playing if it's only one game per match. Anyway, I can't remember much about the specific matches, but it wasn't that bad.

End Result: 1st place
Wins: 5
Losses: 0
Draws: 0
Total Wins: 13
Total Losses: 1
Total Draws: 0
*~*~*~*2/3 wins towards getting my first genin pin! *~*~*~*

Ninja Academy Level Tournament: 4
There were quite a few people at this tournament, just like last saturday. There were probably at least 15 people there, so we played swiss rules (random match ups until the final round). I really can't remember much from this day either, even though it was just a few days ago. I will start bringing a notepad and writing things down to make writing about it later easier. I was happy that Dave got the BYE at first, cuz I was thinking "sweet, that's like a insta-win, right?"...but alas. As you may have already read, Dave - like myself - was undefeated at this tournament. But unfortunately, because he had a BYE and not a win, he did not place as high as those that had one more win than him when it was time for the final round. LAME. Oh well, I guess that kind of how I felt last week.

This night was AMAZING for me though. Every match was quick and easy to win. As a prize, I got some sweet saske card covers and a booster pack from Curse of the Sand. I usually think "A booster pack? psh...what a lame prize." Tonight though, my faith in booster pack prizes was renewed, because when I opened my pack I discovered that I'd actually won a Fourth Hokage! For those of you who don't know, the Fourth is one of the highest (if not single highest) selling Naruto card. Later, a player asked if I'd trade my End of the Demon for another Fourth, so I jumped on that deal. All in all that night I walked away with: my third win (GENIN PIN IN THE MAIL!), 2 Fourth Hokage cards, and saske card sleeves. :-D

End Result: 1st place
Wins: 5
Losses: 0
Draws: 0
Total Wins: 18
Total Losses: 1
Total Draws: 0
*~*~*~*3/3 wins towards getting my first genin pin! *~*~*~*
DING DING DING DING DING *cues the balloons to start falling* *dances around with balloons falling all around him* YAY!

No comments: