Sunday, January 7, 2007

So...

My buddy David (the other David obviously) convinced me to start playing Naruto the TCG. I was hesitant at first, but then I started playing it. I am an avid fan of the anime and the manga, so I thought I'd give it a try. I started playing it more and more and enjoyed it more so. A few booster boxes later, and many many forum readings afterwards, we both decided to try our hand at tournaments. Well, that didn't work out too well.

Currently, we both reside in Peoria, IL. This is a problem. A quick search showed us this list of venues. However, none of these venues have tournaments. So, we opted to start our own local tournaments seeing as how there's nothing near us.

We did opt to take a road trip. We picked Rockford, and went to Robin's Nest and this wonderful person had 2 tournaments in a row that we attended and played. Talked with the owner, and got even more inspired and set in doing our own tournaments.

With that in mind, I opted to make this blog. To have a journal of what happens along the way of setting this up. At this point in time, David (I'm Dave) is trying to get Meijin status and I'm soon to follow.

Join us for the ride?

No comments: